Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday Bikeride up Aplspitze

Didn't have a clue what to do today. Bright Saturday in summer and I am bored.
Luckily Matze (ex 12Ta) rang up and asked if I wanted to go cycling. I agreed and he asked me if we could do a route here by me as he was coming in the car from Kempten.
He got a bit lost but I meet him by the train station and we set of up the Alpspitze via Maria Trost. Strait at the start Matthias was clearly more trained than me and we hammered up the Alpspitze at 6-7km/h (which is fast for me). Had a few drink and photo stops and we got to Sportheim Böck and then the Fichtelhütte quite fast. Then I had the advantage. Going downhill I hammered past him, also I was the one that new the way. Along the Alpspitz until we meet the road going up to the Stubenthal-Alpe and Matze was faster again. But after that a long downhill race past the Haslacher Alm and on to Reichenbach. On the way we shocked a few people with our speed but nothing happened. Over Bayerstetten back to Nesselwang, said goodby to Matthias on the way to the station and then of home for a nice shower (with a short stop for a drink at Frenches).
Track at GPSies and some pictures at Picasa.
Time in saddle: 2 hours 5 min.
Distance: 25.1 km
Average: 12 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment